Longmont, Colorado, September 9, 2019 – The National Honey Board (NHB) is pleased to announce its newest members and alternates, appointed by U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue. Secretary Purdue selects and appoints members to the NHB after reviewing all qualified nominations from certified national organizations.
The following new appointees will serve three-year terms beginning January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2022.
- Michelle Poulk of T.W. Burleson & Son, Inc. — Board Member
- Alan Turanski of GloryBee — Alternate
- Joseph Sanroma of Sunshine Honey Bees — Board Member
- Darren Cox of Cox Honey — Alternate
- Lisa Hansel of Sioux Honey Association — Board Member
- Jeff Hull of Hull’s Apiaries — Alternate
- Maren Martin of The Impex Group, Inc. — Board Member
- Andy Sargeantson of Sunland Trading, Inc. — Alternate
“We are thrilled to welcome the newest appointees to the National Honey Board. The wealth of knowledge and expertise about the honey industry these individuals bring to the NHB is invaluable. We appreciate all time and energy our current and past Board Members and Alternates generously provide.” Margaret Lombard, CEO
For further information about the National Honey Board’s current members, visit the NHB website, https://www.honey.com/about-the-nhb/officers-board.
ABOUT NATIONAL HONEY BOARD
The NHB is an industry-funded agriculture promotion group that works to educate consumers about the benefits and uses for honey and honey products through research, marketing and promotional programs. The Board’s work, funded by an assessment on domestic and imported honey, is designed to increase the awareness and usage of honey by consumers, the foodservice industry and food manufacturers. The ten-member-Board, appointed by the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, represents producers (beekeepers), packers, importers and a marketing cooperative. For more information, visit www.honey.com.